Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Few of Renée Fleming's Favorite Things

Fleming wearing Westwood
During her recent performances of Lucrezia Borgia, the world-famous soprano told Carolyne Zinko of the San Francisco Chronicle about a few of her favorite things about the city including hotels, bars, grocery stores and general sightseeing locations. For a personal insight into her wardrobe, the article ends with this fact-filled tidbit:

Favorite designers: "I love to wear Angel Sanchez and Vivienne Westwood, who understand corseting, essential for singing. Vera Wang is timeless and inspires me with her passion as a designer and as a mother. I have worn fabulous Christian Dior, Chanel and Christian Lacroix at the Met, and Oscar de la Renta, Issey Miyake and most of all, Gianfranco Ferré, on the concert stage, (a designer) which I share with your own Denise Hale. In my personal life, I wear Lanvin, Yohji Yamamoto and my new discovery in Paris, Damir Doma. I wear jewelry by Tamsen Z, a jewelry store owned by the chairman of the Metropolitan Opera, Tamsen Ann Ziff. She's a close friend, so it's fun to show off her talent. As an opera singer, I like to wear big pieces." [Source]